Monday, May 18, 2009

Laundry

Exciting topic, I know. But if there are six in your family you think about laundry A LOT. I've found a new method that feels like it saves me lots of time. For the heck of it, I'll tell you about it.

By the drier, I started keeping a laundry basket for each person (4 for the kids and 1 for the grownups), one for upstairs miscellaneous, and one for downstairs miscellaneous. As stuff comes out of the drier I sort it on the spot. Most of the girls' clothes and all of Eli's shirts now get hung up, so I'm not really folding anything any more either. As a basket fills up with clean clothes, I put it away. One basket only takes a few minutes. I run laundry through here and there. I also got our wardrobe down to an 8-9 day supply for the basics.

I used to do all the laundry in one long marathon on Sunday, then dump it all into a big (giant!!) pile and watch a movie while I sorted and folded. But this could take 2+ hours! Then it never seemed to quite get put away before I started the next Sunday marathon. Now I feel like I spend almost no time doing laundry. It's been great!

Anyway, very mundane, but things like this make a big difference. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is not mundane if it saves time for the greater things. Isn't it great when a system falls into place!?