Friday, March 25, 2011

The Menu

A simple one tonight...

challah
chicken w/bbq sauce
roasted asparagus
roasted zucchini
mashed potatoes
coleslaw with vinaigrette dressing
brownies

And for lunch...

We're out!

The menu I'm really looking forward to is on Sunday. We're swapping an Ethiopian feast for a photography session with one of the SCAD photography professors. Dean worked to develop a course with him. The injera batter has been bubbling away for a few days and is now sitting in the fridge. I'm so tempted to make a sample (it's a new-to-me recipe), but I'll hold off so I can taste it for the first time on Sunday. The teff (I make injera that is 50% teff flour and 50% wheat flour) is the last of the teff I brought from Portland to here. I'll have to mail order the next batch! We got some really good, very fresh spices, and I made up a batch of berbere (berbere is for Ethiopian food what curry is for Indian food - lots of different spices!). I'll post the Ethiopian menu later. So much looking forward to the food. It's probably one of my favorite cuisines, so I'm not sure why it's been so long since I cooked it! Now with a quart-sized batch of berbere, I'll have to make it more regularly. :)

Good shabbos, all!

No comments: