Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weekday Menus

Here's what we ate for dinner this week:

Sunday: turkey soup w/barley and brown rice, oatmeal bread
Monday: mini-pizzas
Wednesday: rice roll wraps
Thursday: crepes for kids, shashuka and toast for adults (spicy tomato sauce w/eggs poached in it)

The turkey soup turned out great. I got some REALLY cheap turkey wings at the store a month ago and had stashed them in the freezer. It really hit the spot after a drizzly, Oregonian day.

The mini-pizza breads came about because I really goofed. I made about 50 bread buns, but not until they were BAKING did I realize I hadn't put in the yeast. I was just not-distracted enough to note that they hadn't risen much. Oh, well. They're making great flatbreads!

And rice roll wraps. Can someone please explain to me why these are so yummy?? We put in tofu, bean sprouts, shredded carrots, cucumber, cilantro, and I made a Thai peanut-coconut dipping sauce. I thought the other soy-ginger sauce was really good, but this was ridiculous. I actually crave these things. Weird.

Ahhhhhh... shabbos is coming. B"H!

No comments: