Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And a P.S. to the Fun Week

I can't believe I forgot. Yesterday we went to Animal Control and picked out two cats to adopt! Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to fill out the paperwork before they closed, so Dean returned on his lunch hour today to hand in the paperwork and bring them home (while I dashed from dentist to home to have lunch and see kitties and then to doctor). One is between 1 and 2 years old and the other is 2 to 3 years old. A dainty little brown tabby and a medium-sized tortoiseshell. Both free, since there are so many cats there. And their names (we think): Lucy and Florence. (But Amirah insists their names are Betty and Florence.) Both are very unassuming and sweet and happily moved in. Not sure when they'll meet the chickens. :)

And can I just say... the roasted berbere (Moroccan spicy herbs!) chick peas I'm munching are one of my favorite snacks. WOW. Made them myself. We like roasted chick peas (just roast cooked chick peas at 450 until crunchy), but I'd never put this wonderful cayenne-y berbere mix I made on it. Oh, YUM.

No comments: