Thursday, March 15, 2012

Great Dinner

WARNING: All measurements are my best guess! :)

Tonight, I took some turkey necks I had bought a month or so ago and boiled them with onion and garlic to make a broth (8 cups). After straining it, I added rice noodles, soy sauce (2 T.), and sesame oil (1 T.). It was good, but a little bland. I knew the kids would like it best that way, but I like to jazz things up. So I decided to make a kind of "pesto" for us to spoon into our own bowl. Here's about what I came up with: 3 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 preserved lemon, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1 T. lime juice, 1 T. olive oil, salt to taste. A spoon of this made the soup delicious!

Along with it, we had steamed soybeans, and roasted plantains, carrots, and cauliflower. Everyone was actually enthusiastic! And Eli, who likes very few things, really liked the soy beans. He now has soybeans and broccoli in his repertoire of foods that make me really happy to see him eat.

So, there. A recipe. I hope...

No comments: