Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eli

After most of my grocery shopping expeditions (which are usually 9:30-11:00 p.m.), Eli wakes up, jumps out of bed and helps me unload the car. (I'm hoping that before that he's been getting some sleep!) This happened while savta was here for sukkos, and this is what he said as he put away potatoes, cereal, and applesauce: "I love to help you mommy. I love you SO much and I love savta SO much too! I'm happy, happy, happy!"

This has been Eli for several months now. He has left the 4-year-old tantrums completely behind and is really humming along, B"H. His tantrums had started to fade in the winter, then last spring he had a month where he had a burst of two or three per week, then that was it! Very minor ones (like 60-second fits!), but that's all, B"H!

I'm really cherishing the easy, snuggly time we're having with him. Trying to record all the moments in my mind so I can still remember it when I'm 120, be"h. So far, life seems to be going by in real time. I really don't think "WOW! Amirah is 7 already!" I really still feel like I've plodded through all seven of those years. I'm sure when I'm 60 it will feel differently, but for right now I like it that life isn't flying by me too fast.

No comments: