Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Favorite Fast Meal

On Tuesdays, I teach my family of piano students (3 brothers) at their house - great piano, quiet house, much better than doing it at home these days! So I'm out of the house (picking up Dean, driving everyone home, driving to teach, teaching, driving home) from 3:30-6:45. This is my favorite teaching day dinner:

3 lbs frozen chicken
1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
1/4 cup lemon juice

Put the rice, water and lemon juice in first, then rest the whole wad of frozen chicken (I use leg quarters) on top. Cook it on high for 3 hours (or low for 6). Comes out great every time. The rice is really creamy and the chicken is very tender. I need to find a couple more reliable crock pot recipes. It seems that most crock pot recipes I come across use all kinds of weird processed ingredients! I'll have to do a little more research to have a repertoire of dishes. We do chili in the crock pot fairly often. And frozen beef with onions, enchilada sauce, and black beans works pretty well too. Hmmmmmm....

No comments: