Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weekday Menus

I so much appreciating other friends' menu plans for the week. Since I borrow from them heavily I thought I would start posting mine too.

Our breakfasts and lunches are pretty repetitive. Five mornings a week breakfast is usually a smoothie (frozen berries, soy milk/milk/yogurt, oat bran, flax meal, cottage cheese/tofu, and a little sugar to sweeten). Other mornings we have either eggs or oatmeal, occasionally something fancier. :) I frequently make a batch of high-protein, high-fiber muffins.

We have fruit with every lunch and another as morning or afternoon snack. My snack is usually a bowl of raw oatmeal with a rather large heap of oat bran and some milk. Sometimes I nuke it, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I add dried or fresh fruit if we have something around.

Lunches are leftovers for myself and DH, and usually a cheese or peanut butter/jelly or tuna or egg sandwich for the kids. Or sometimes they have leftovers too.

For dinner this week, this is what we had:

1) roast chicken, eggplant with miso dressing, brown rice, stir-fried pea shoots (tough and stringy, but we ate them anyway; much better raw)

2) picnic! chicken salad sandwiches (w/apple and onion), watermelon, spinach salad (lemon juice, olive oil, salt, croutons, tomatoes)

3) salmon with lemon butter sauce, broccoli, cabbage salad (cabbage, carrots, cukes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, 1 T mayo)

4) cheese souffle, watercress cucumber salad, whole wheat English muffins

5) veggie stir fry (onion, garlic, ginger, cabbage, gi choi, red pepper, zucchini), General Tso tofu, peanut sauce, brown rice

Stay tuned for the shabbat menu... I have no idea what we're having! Except that our dear friend RF is bringing three things with her when they come for dinner (can't ever turn down a good cook!). I'll figure it out tonight... or tomorrow. OY.

No comments: